Tuesday, January 1, 2013



Profound Experiences of Christmas....

1. The Book

As we celebrated Christmas the beauty of the holidays is being at my parents's house in Pimville, Soweto. So as per usual l was there for lunch and my kid's have been there for most part of the holidays. So since Christmas is my birth day my 4 yrs old daughter and my sister's 5 yrs old girl together came to me with this book pretending it was a gift they bought for me. I was so blown away by the two's gesture one cos it's a book and two my old book which l didn't even know where it was and to them it was a new book. I found it so profound that as l re-evaluate my broadcast career in to 2013 this happened. It was a profound moment. it took me back to very early days of my career, the book was basically by guide in to broadcasting l followed it to the 'T' to get my 1st break.



The Book that shaped my skills!

This book gave me an edge as a 18yrs old when I first got on radio at Voice of Soweto. An insider's guide based on the UK broadcasting industry. Before l was on air I knew the difference between being a Radio Personality and a DJ so you can imagine how that made me sound when l kept saying I'm not a DJ but a Radio Personality on her way to becoming a Broadcaster of note, a little arrogant some thought and felt. Wow it opened up my world that I can tell you.









No comments:

Post a Comment